Friday, August 31, 2012

EDLD 5364 Week 1 Reflection

This week’s assignment was interesting and frustrating. The most interesting part was the readings about how students learn. Through the readings, we learned about constructivism and connnectivism. These talk about how students learn either through the shared knowledge of others or through the experiences in life. I personally feel that this is a combination of both. Children learn at an early age about life or a subject through interactions with others and at the same time they learn on their own. They can be told not to do something but until they experience the lesson does not take hold. The other part of the readings and videos we learned about cyborgism. This was interesting and at the same time a bit scary or freaky. I realize that as technology grows our access to it will become part of us. I am not sure I am ready for it to become actually “part” of me. Having implants put in me is not something I am ready for. The frustrating part of this week’s assignment was the transition from EPIC to Blackboard. I had just gotten used to EPIC and understood how to make it work for me and then we changed. We are still not able to upload our discussion board due to a technical glitch in the system. The highlight of the week was that I get to work with an awesome group of educators on a group project. Our group works very well together and our strengths compliment each other. The web conference this week mostly focused on the introduction to the course and discussing the switch over to Black Board.

No comments:

Post a Comment