Friday, September 7, 2012

WDLD 5364 Week 2 Reflection

This week’s web conference was an utter disaster. Something was wrong with someone’s microphone that caused a feedback loop. My sound was similar to the Emergency Broadcast System message alerts. I was unable to hear anything that was said by Dr. Borel. The best part of this week’s assignment was from the Google® Hangout with my team. We spent nearly 90 minutes going over strategies for the group project. We decided that we would use a cross-curricular approach to the assignment using the book “Hatchet” by Gary Paulsen. I will be doing the Social Studies part of the lesson for 4th grade. In our readings, we continued to discuss and work on UDL to develop technology in our lessons. I have found that this approach is very similar to military strategy planning. In my military service, we used backward planning and forward execution for all mission planning. This is basically the same approach that UDL uses. Now that I understand this, the lessons are much easier. I have done this for many years, it just was not explained in this current context or verbiage.

No comments:

Post a Comment